Civil Service Examination City of Canal Fulton Entry Level Police Officer
Civil Service Examination
City of Canal Fulton
Entry Level Police Officer
The City of Canal Fulton will be accepting applications for a civil service examination for an Entry Level Police Officer. The applicant must complete the formal application for employment and submit the application, along with attached:
1. Copy of applicant’s birth certificate
2. Copy of education records, High School Diploma, GED, proof of college degree, if applicable
3. Copy of signed and completed “Job Functions Accommodation” form
4. Copy of certificate of service or honorable discharge from the Uniformed Services in the Armed Forces of the United States.
5. Copy of valid and current O.P.O.T.A. certificate, or proof of current enrollment with certification being attained within ninety (90) days of testing.
6. Copy of valid current State of Ohio Driver’s License
The examination will be conducted at the Canal Fulton Safety Center, 1165 Locust Street, Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614 on March 6, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Applications for the examination can be obtained by picking up a copy at the office of Clerk of Council, 155 Market Street E, Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614, or by logging into www.cityofcanalfulton-oh.gov and printing off an application. Applications are to be returned to the office of Clerk of Council. Additional twenty (20) percent of the passing grade will be added for active military service of a minimum of 2 years. A $20 non-refundable fee is due at time of application.
The top ranked candidates shall be scheduled for a non-scored oral interview, physical fitness testing and background investigation. Polygraph examination and drug screen testing shall be a condition of employment.
Applications must be completed in ink, signed in the applicant’s own handwriting and received by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered for exam. For more information, please call City Hall at 330-854-2225.
**Masks are required at all times. Temperature will be checked upon entry with a threshold of 100°F. COVID-19 waiver forms will be included in packet.
Application Packet and COVID-19 Form Linked Below
- No available documents for this section.