(A) All legislative power of the City shall be vested in the Council, except as otherwise provided by this Charter and the Constitution of the State of Ohio. Without limitation of the foregoing, the Council shall have and possess the following powers:
1. The power to levy taxes and assessments and incur debts subject to the limitations imposed thereon by this Charter and the Constitution of Ohio.
2. The power to adopt and to provide for the enforcement of local police, sanitary and other similar regulations, as are not in conflict with the general laws.
3. The power to provide for the exercise of all powers of local self-government granted to the City by the Constitution of the State of Ohio in a manner not inconsistent with this Charter or the Constitution of the State of Ohio.
4. The power, by ordinance or resolution, to establish or authorize the number of officers and employees in the various offices, departments, divisions, bureaus, boards and commissions of the City and to establish or authorize the establishment of the rate of their compensation, hours of work, and to provide such other fringe benefits and conditions of employment as deemed proper by the Council.
5. The power to require such bonds as in the opinion of the Council are necessary for the faithful discharge of the duties of the officers and employees of the City. The premium for said bonds shall be paid by the City.
6. The power to create, combine, change and abolish other offices, departments, divisions, bureaus, boards and commissions. The power herein expressed in this sub-section shall be exercised by ordinance or resolution.
7. The power to establish, by ordinance or resolution, the rates or charges made of consumers of all municipal utilities and services.
8. The power to acquire and to sell or otherwise convey interests in real property; and to lease, as lessor or lessee, or otherwise grant or receive interests in real property, in the manner authorized by ordinance or resolution with or without competitive bidding.
9. The power to provide for an independent audit of the accounts and records of the City, which may be in addition to audits by state offices and agencies as may be required under the general laws of Ohio.
10. To exercise all other powers granted to the Council by this Charter and by the Constitution and laws of the State of Ohio.
(Amended by electorate on 8-4-20)