Now Accepting Applications for – City of Canal Fulton Zoning Inspector
City of Canal Fulton Zoning Inspector
The City of Canal Fulton is accepting applications for the position of part-time Zoning Inspector. Duties include investigating zoning violations, handling zoning inquiries, reviewing zoning permit applications, maintaining a database of certificates and violations, site plan review, and preparing meetings for the zoning boards and commissions. The Zoning Inspector plays an integral role in the development of the City and aids in maintaining the historical character of Canal Fulton. This position requires weekly inspections of properties within the City to ensure compliance of the City’s Zoning Regulations.
The Zoning Inspector must be well organized and able to interpret zoning regulations, write reports, and handle zoning correspondence. The person should excel in working with the public and should have strong communication skills.
The employee must meet the minimum qualifications:
• 18 years or older
• Associate’s Degree or relevant experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Prior experience in local government zoning preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of site planning and zoning interpretation
• Knowledge of planning and land use law and theory, and current planning/zoning/land use trends
• Knowledge of e-mail, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database software
• Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems and related computer software applications
• Map, plan and plat reading and interpretation skills
Job Type: Part-time 20-25 hrs. per week
Pay Range: $17.75 – $21.23 DOQ
Deadline to apply: 4:00 pm, April 15th
Job application and description can be found at www.cityofcanalfulton-oh.gov
Please send resume/cover letter and completed job application through email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. mail to:
City of Canal Fulton
155 E. Market Street
Canal Fulton OH, 44614
- No available documents for this section.